Zoe Stumbaugh is a drone competition veteran having competed in every kind of drone event-- from combat to drone racing her skills on the sticks are world renown. Having won the first AMA Sanctioned FPV race in the USA- competing internationally in Freestyle, the godmother of 3D drone flying, and a core founder of X Class Drone Racing.
Having worked with many of the largest names in the industry- Zoe is looking to forge a new path with Outcast Droneworks to bring innovative products to market.
Founder - X Class Drone Racing
Advocate - Diversity in Drones
Core Member of the FPV Freedom Coalition
UAS Technical Advisor - Hess Systems
1st Place - First AMA Sanctioned Drone Race in the US
3rd Place - X Class Season 2 Overall Pilot Rankings with several season podiums
4th Place - Ultimate Class Racing - International Open 2018
1st Place - Team Leader for the Misfits @ IDRA Dover International 2017
7th Place - 2015 US Drone Nationals Freestyle Competition
6th Place - 2016 US Drone Nationals Freestyle Competition
3rd Place - Aloha Freestyle Cup - Hawaii
2nd Place - Drone Worlds Freestyle Championship - 35 competing countries
1st Place - Drone Sports World Freestyle @ Maker Faire San Mateo 2017
3rd Place - West Coast Throwdown Pro Freestyle Championship 2017
1st Place - X Class Giant Drone Race 3 2017
2nd Place - X Class Giant Drone Open Exhibition @ Flite Fest West
Top 8 - Aerial Sports League California Drone Speed Challenge
2015 & 2016 Drone Nationals Qualified Freestyle Pilot & Racer
Holder of over 20 trophies/title wins in Drone Sports.
- Co-Developed the Twitch 109- world's first GoPro carrying 3inch
- First Commercially Available “Giant” Racing Drones in 2018- The California Soul & Vixen Frame Variant from Dysonian.com
- Co-Developed the Excalibur Frame with Built Drones, fixed pitch 3D freestyle frame.
- Spearheaded the BeeRotor 80amp ESC project, used by DR1 Pro Class, DRL for creating the world's fastest quad, and used extensively as firework displays in X Class Drone Racing.
- Early consultant with DR1 Racing for their first drone racing projects.
- Consultant and Pilot for Tattu - Helping develop and test new battery tech & designs.
- Freestyle Director - Directed several successful events under the Aerial Sports League banner helping define a standard for freestyle events.
- Founder of Team Dysonian- Taking more combined season points than any other team in X Class in Season 1 and Season 2.
- Developer of the “Zoe” 2010-2400kv Brushless Motor, providing increased efficiency not found with other motors due to the unique stator design. https://www.miniquadtestbench.com/rctimer-zoe-z2010-2400kv.html
- Co-Designed the 3D Master Prop for GemFan - Words most aggressive 3D 5inch Prop
- efficiency and power over many traditional pancake motor designs. Gram for gram still one of the best motors on the market.
- Consulted with APC, Master AirScrew, RaceKraft, and GemFan on new propeller designs- having helped develop several 3D props on the market- along with helping the creation of the 13x12x3 Master AirScrew prop that has taken over DR1 Pro Class and X Class Drone Racing Respectively.
- Motor Tester/Consultant for IQ Motion Control, developing next generation power systems for drones- enable a new realm of flying for 3D paired increased efficiency and smoother operation.
- Creator of the Unicorn frame, first frame designed specifically for acrobatic flight using IQ Motion Controls latest power system technology.